Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pop Culture Escape

When the world comes crashing around me in typical teenage fashion....I turn to pop culture. There is nothing better than reading the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly to drone out the voices of annoyance. Deciphering the latest episode of True Blood during a very boring Algebra two class. My mind wanders to the whos who of hollywood, movies, tv shows, celeb gossip. When I cant stand the daily grind of life I make my scheduled rounds of the internet....a place for social exiles. No one cares about my grades when I make a comment on twitter....my fav place currently to log into others people woes instead of my own. Celebrity problems are not only funny but they take my mind off my life problems. On particularly crappy days my mind will totally immerse into the pop culture black hole......and I love it! Being book smart may take me places but its hard for any teenager to come to terms with that fact. Last year I didnt have my niche....my place in society..everyone around me had their thing whether it be band or theater. I had nothing. Until now...people may not think it is much but I have hopes dreams...a hobby which I love.
I write, I blog, im on top of the pop culture world. It may not seem like a lot but to me it is a life worth living. I will be a movie goer till I die. There is no better form of entertainment besides writing and talking about movies that is. My brother and I have pop culture debates between which are more influential (vampires vs. zombies). My grandparents who have been movie goers forever talk with me about the influential symbolic beautiful pictures of the year. Those kinds of things are the fuel to my fire when the doldrums of school days try to take that away. I have my niche and my interest. I know all the movies coming out, the whole acting circle. A game I play in theaters with myself is guess the preview as fast as you can. Its really simple just watch the preview and in the first few seconds try to guess the movie based on actor or subject matter. I win everytime ;) and thats where I am now and forever. Call it lame all you want but it is my world....and im the ruler, the justice system and the crazy masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment