Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another Random Observation

Outside of the music hallway is a bright patch of green grass. Of course the ugly brick isn’t much of a spectacle and neither is the car filled road/pavement. I was trying to get some homework done. Naturally with the heat filling my head I zoned out and began to watch the parade of people coming from the school doors.


It should be mentioned that it was in fact people watching and not creeping. There is a difference! Anyways the main people that use that doorway are the wacko music kids (I really love them) and teachers. I guess for me there really isn’t anything more fun than teacher watching. Occasionally said people can be perfect targets for anything from the fashion police to psychiatrists.

This is why I was fairly surprised when I saw teachers emerging who I had for class. Equipped with kind of chic tote bags and they were engaging in adult convos!

I think it is physically required that teachers have multiple personality disorder. This isn’t a bad thing for most of them. Unless their alter teaching ego is a very annoying thundercloud over my day. I like most of my teachers. This year anyways.

It just struck me as odd the different look these teachers had outside on their way home. I mean it could have been the sun because it is no secret that the inside of schools has the brightness of a basement. Some teachers even put colored or black paper over windows. What kind of a sense does that give students? It gives the impression of a darkness worshipping cult or an eccentric prison.

So with this weird sense I have come to the conclusion that while you can tell a lot about someone by the way they teach, a better indicator is what they look like leaving the school. Lets be honest some of them may hate the school as much as the average kid. Plus we kids need to give some teachers breaks. I was under the impression that if my least favorite teacher walked outside she would burst into flames like a vampire or a gremlin. While this is not necessarily true I still have my suspicions

No comments:

Post a Comment