Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Movie List!

Before the summer movie phase kicks off I would like to publish my top list. With some descriptions as to why.

May 7 BABIES!: No I dont just want to see this because it looks other worldy cute. Im also interested with the babies from four corners of the world angle. That will most definately be an interesting cultural study in cuteness.

May 7 IRON MAN 2: Needless to say I saw this. However it is a must see for anyone looking for an action flick. Robert Downey Jr's incredible sense of humor, hotness and bravado as Tony Stark is worth it enough. Though the side characters almost steal the show. Mickey Rourke and Scarlet Johannessen. Awesome.

May 27 SEX AND THE CITY 2: The main reason I want to see this isnt because of the mature subject matter. I am more interested in what the hype is for sex and the city being the major feminine power film. It kinda brought back the idea that women in films can draw box office gold.

May 28 SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD: As a lover of both the zombie genre and the genius of George Romero need I even explain myself?

June 4 GET HIM TO THE GREEK: The comic genius of Russell Brand and Jonah Hill. Too good to pass up. Plus with Judd Apatow's writing there is really no way it can go wrong for me. I mean come on he re-invented the raunchy comedy of our age.

June 4 SPLICE: This movie looks ridiculous. A humanoid creature that is kind of a mixture of a flying thingy and a i dont even know. Basically human cloning is bad mmmkay? Apparently it can end with a new species and world destruction. So along with the scary effect of this movie we have some good old arguments over morality and the sciences.

June 11 THE A-TEAM: Groannn.....another 80's remake. Oh well its shaping up to be the next cliche action movie of the summer. Of course Im going. Everyone will be. Its like Transformers. I might be wrong so dont quote me on this.

June 11 JOAN RIVERS A PIECE OF WORK: At first I thought wow Joan Rivers is never going to go away? I swear the trailer nearly had me tearing up. For a woman with such a great sense of humor she is also incredibly self deprecating.

June 18 JONAH HEX: Grrrr after the whole Jennifer's body Megan Fox fiasco. She dare bring down Diablo Cody? Well shes got another thing coming. Only being casted as hot romantic interests. Cause im not going to Jonah Hex for her. Im going for the action and John Malkovich.

June 18: TOY STORY 3: I grew up with this. Plus its Pixar they win every year for the best animated feature. I think that is enough of a reason.

July 2 THE LAST AIRBENDER: This could go either ways since it is M. Night Shamalayn. Lady in the Water bad or bone chillingly good like Signs/ The Sixth Sense. I did like the show when it was around on Nikelodean though. Apa the big flying bison was my favorite.

July 9 COUNTDOWN TO ZERO: My movies tastes fluctuate kind of dramatically as you can see. I guess when I see this movie I will be in the mood for a documentary about how the world is going to end unless we fix the most impossible problem imaginable. Nuclear Warfare.

July 9 PREDATORS: Im a sucker for an alien or predator oriented movie. Something about the creepiness of a foreign jungle filled with skin peeling ugly monsters. Also Laurence Fishburne co-stars. Shout out to CSI right there.

July 16 INCEPTION: Lets see......Leonardo Di Caprio (Hot and a brilliant actor)+dream analyzing or traveling (One of my interests)+Ellen Page (A cute sarcastic fav of mine)=Inception. How can it go wrong? Did I mention the director is Christopher Nolan who also directed the latest batman. Jeez. Its designed for success.

July 23 DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS: Im a big fan of Paul Rudd. Whose comic delivery is a mixture of sweet and pathetic all the time. Plus steve carrell and him seem to have some good comic chemistry.

August 6 THE OTHER GUYS: Come on the guy who directed stepbrothers directed this. Its bound to be out of this world stupid but in the most hilarious way possible. Im interested to see how Mark Wahlberg handles a big comedic role. Also Samuel Jackson and the Rock costar by being what they are best. B.A!!!

August 13 THE EXPENDABLES: While I do believe that going to this movie with cause a testosterone explosion, it has a phenomenal cast to back it up. Its gonna be like a witty, wise guy, ultra manly explosion fest. Im interested in how it will play out. Boys and their wrestlers and guns.

August 13 SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD: Micheal cera is so cute he almost made Youth in Revolt funny. Which is saying something. Plus this looks to have the trippy actioness like a Burton film. Its the retro teen comedy drama of the future! haha or August 13.

August 27 PIRANNHA 3D: This is the kind of movie that you make fun of for the acting. The whole time thinking oh my gosh this is so silly! While in reality you secretly enjoy it but you dont know why. Its hard to explain but maybe its the watching dumb kids get eaten alive thats so great.

It seems like it is going to be a phenomenal summer for summer movies! Yay! There are a lot that are on my list obviously and i Intend to see them all. :)

2 comments:

  1. I’ve been reading a lot of reviews on this Joan Rivers film. Where and when will this be coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiatt, the movie came out last friday. It looks great doesnt it?

    ReplyDelete